Friday, June 22, 2012

Excited About the Little Things


I have so many things to look forward to this summer.  I think one of the main things is that I will be getting is all the fun relaxing days I will be doing.  

Trips
I have a week long vacation planned in July for Atlantic City, NJ.  It's just going to be me and mom, so pray that we get along.  Mom plans on going to casinos, and then the boardwalk and beaching it.  I'm excited about the boardwalk and the amusement park on it, and of course the beach.  I'm suppose to be doing research on what all there is to do in Atlantic City.  We are currently trying to get a two bedroom instead of a one which is what we currently have.  I just hope we get along while we're there.  Maybe I'll be able to work out a little bit while I'm there. 


I also have a fun girls day with a friend and fellow trainer from the club, Nicole Gross, to go tubing down a river in the NC mountains.  She and I have been wanting to plan a dinner/girls time for just me and her anyway so I think that this will be perfect for the both of us.  Just to get away from all the stress going on between training clients and training for possible races.  And my hope is to be back in time to train for races.  


Next weekend there is an overnight trip planned with the people I do CrossFit with. I'm ready for this one not only because it is a beach trip, but because it's camping and I'm ready to get away and out of town for a bit.  I have a feeling the one person I don't need to go won't be there so that will be nice.  But I'm nervous about it because I'm no longer close with any of the people I workout with there.  I've always wanted to go on a trip with friends, granted I've always wanted to rent a house out but that's for another time I guess.


Books
I have tons of books to read and tons that I want to get to read this summer.  The list of books I need to get are as follows:  
1. The Love Dare
2. The last 3-4 books of the Left Behind Series(I have up to Desecration) - hardcover
3. The Innocent by David Badalci(hardcover)
4. The Hunger Games Series(hardcover)
I'm a sucker for hard cover books if you can't tell.  


The books that I need to read are: To finish The Help,  work on catching up and keeping up with my daily Bible reading (which is number one on that list), Desecration, Something Borrowed, Something Blue, and American Sniper!


I'm super excited about all of these books, mostly about American Sniper right now.  It is an autobiography of a man who is a Navy Seal and considered one of the most lethal snipers in the U.S.  It seems like an awesome book to read, and a friend reading it says that so far it's a good book.  I had been looking at this book for a while and it caught my eye a little while ago when I was browsing through the book section at Target.  I just happen to see in last weeks Target ad that they had it for half-off.  I grabbed a raincheck since they were out, and yes I grabbed the raincheck that was hanging where the book was suppose to be on the shelf.  Well,  I went to Target yesterday to grab it since I had two more things to grab and apparently the raincheck I had was for a different book.  The manager was nice enough to give me a discount on the book.


Church Journals
I have two new journals.  One is for the notes that I take at church while Clint is preaching and the other is to start writing down my prayers.
My old green sermon notes
notes journal and my
new one.
My journal that I currently take notes in during service and Sunday school is almost full.  I eventually am looking forward to going back and rereading the notes I took on the sermons, something I'm looking forward too.  It has black and white flowers on the cover and those same flowers lining the edges of the pages.  I originally was just looking for something big enough that had a ribbon in it as a place marker so I wouldn't have to use my Sunday sermon updates.
My new prayer journal with already
a days of prayer in it! Let me know
if you have any requests!
The other journal I got is orange with an orange ribbon for a place marker.  It has a magnetic closure.  I am using this journal as my prayer book as a way to write down my prayers.  I got the idea from the book  The Help.  I think this will be good for me because I confess I usually say my prayers at night while I am lying down in bed and end up falling asleep in the middle of praying.  I started writing them down last night and man I came up with a lot of people to pray for and things to pray about for them and I didn't even write all of them down. 








106.5 Weenie Roast
The Weenie Roast is an event that 106.5 The End puts on every year, and apparently they've been doing it for a long time.  It is a concert with a lot of different bands.  I heard about it on the radio and saw some of their advertisements for it on facebook.  They announced that for a limited time they would have limited tickets for $10.65.  On Saturday when the tickets opened to the public at 10am I grabbed two tickets to go.  I spend a lot of time working and going through school and not enough time enjoying it.  The bands are The Offspring, Garage, Flogging Molly, Coheed & Cambria, Switchfoot, Our Lady Peace, Eve 6, Anberlin, Paper Tongues, Evans Blue, and Drop D.  
I decided to buy two tickets because who would want to go to something like that or anything for that matter alone.  Now I just have to figure out who I want to take with me. 




But here recently I've thought about putting up a quote from the Bible that would relate to my post and possibly some prayer requests on here as well.  I'm excited about this two, but I'm not exactly the best at finding scripture that would relate to what I would talk about!  We'll see how it goes.



No comments:

Post a Comment