...Limited Activity...
Dr. Burrough said that I really coudln't do anything that involved my leg but swimming. So that really limited me to my exercising except for upper body, and abs. I swam Tuesday morning with my One2Tri swim group and did a 15 minute ab class before hand. I also swam on Wednesday before I started work at 4pm. I swam for about an hour. Yes, because the doctor said I could swim and he didn't specific what type of swimming I was probably swimming to hard, and yes I am stubborn. I can't seem to do any sport leisurely except for maybe some hiking. Since I wasn't suppose to do any squating activity or intense activity that required a lot of legs I used walking as part of my exercising. I went for a 2 mile walk on Thursday with Sarah, a girl that I work with, before lunch. I went for another 2 mile walk with Dawn, a personal trainer and yoga instructor at work. After our walk we did an arms and chest workout with Nicole Beverage and Chris Soto, two other co-workers. Friday we planned to do it all over again, but this time it was abs.
MRI
So Friday morning I had a session with a client at 7:45am for 30 minutes. After that client I headed down to my car and off to Concord to have my MRI done. On my way out from the club another trainer, TJ, asked me if I was leaving already. I told him that I had my MRI and he told me good luck. Everyone is such a family around that, I love it. I arrived at my MRI about 25 minutes before I was suppose to. I went in to fill out some paperwork and while I was doing that someone else was having an MRI done. I filled out all my forms and turned them in, then started to catch up on my readings from the Bible that I am behind on. While I was reading, my nurse came and got me. They had small chaning rooms to leave all my stuff in (purse, Bible, bag of goodies, jewelry, etc.) and locked it so that no one could get to my stuff. Then we walked into the MRI room. The bed was a small table with two pillow, a very thin pad, and open cylinder to put my left leg through that had a rectangular cut out at the top that they nurse put towels in around my knee. She asked me what type of music I liked because they had satellite radio for patients to listen to while having the MRI done because it takes about 20 minutes to do, which also means a good nap. Once she had all the towels in place and moved the part of the bed that my knee was on under the big machine. She told me that I wasn't going to be all the way in the machine. Once I was all set up she went back and changed the music to something I told her that I would enjoy. She started the machine, and as much as I tried to enjoy the music the machine was too loud so I could barely hear the music. The machine would make clicking noises and and then a steady loud noise which I'm not sure how to describe. So I stayed on that bed for about 20 minutes trying not to pay attention to this very loud noise that was keeping me from hearing the music playing in the headphones. I had my hands resting on my chest/stomach and about half way through my right arm started to fall asleep. I couldn't get it comfortable until about 1 minutes before the MRI was over and my arm finally lost the numbness.
The nurse said that Dr. Burroughs would have the results later that day, so all I could do is wait. I would know the results of my MRI on Monday or Tuesday and that determines if I need surgery or not!
No comments:
Post a Comment