Monday, January 16, 2012

First Day on the Job

Today was the first day interning at Estramonte, and I enjoyed every bit of it.  It was nice to be working on my feet all day and actually doing something.  I've got a lot to learn still but I am looking forward to it.  Wednesday I will be working at the front desk with patient charts and filing.  It was a 9 hour day but I enjoyed it so much.  They thought about paying me and I was they would have gone through with it so I didn't have to work at the aquatic center anymore.  Kinda liking my scrubs!
I had a client cancel today, which wasn't so bad because I was going to probably be late but we are going to reschedule so that makes me happy.  I went and did CrossFit tonight and it felt good, but it was short; wish it would have been a longer workout(21-15-9 of push press #55, bent over row #55, and '24 box jumps).  I still feel kind of left out in that CrossFit family though.
On another note. 
My morning started out with my last spin class with Ron for a month and half because I will be starting a bootcamp class. Which is sad in my opinion because I love spin class and Ron being my instructor. Charlotte Restaurant Week starts on Friday and me and mom and trying to figure out which of the many restaurants we want to go to. I love when this event rolls around(once in the winter and once in the summer) because you get to go to these amazingly expensive restaurants and have a 3/4 course meal for $30.  I love getting dressed up in dresses and looking nice for once.  It was funny because me a fellow co-works at the gym I work at were talking about how wearing jeans and shirts are what we consider dressing up for us since we wear workout clothes all day every day. 
I love the fact that I feel more content, and I think that it comes from me starting to read the Bible.  I'm not worried about my love life or holidays that highlight having a significant other to spend them with.  I'm content going to church and learning more and want to get involved more, but I never want to be the person who pushes my opinions of religion on another person.
Although I have to admit I met a guy on New Years named Hunter.  He is 24 years old and just left for basic for the Air Force on Jan 3rd.  We talked to the night before he got shipped out because he came and did CrossFit to get away from his roommate.  We talked later that night and he said he would write me letters, the old fashion way of communication, instead of call.  I'm still waiting on a letter but and looking forward to getting one if I do.  It would be good to keep in touch with him while he's away. Part of me waits for a letter from him and the rest of me tells me not to get my hopes up.  So I figured it'd be better to not get my hopes up, but I think I'll keep it to myself if I do ever get a letter from him. So just staying focused is my goal.

Here's the link to Charlotte Restaurant Week for anyone who is interested!
www.charlotterestaurantweek.com

1 comment:

  1. if you get a letter, you better let me know. but i agree with you that you gotta stay focused! i'm super proud of you! love you bunches!

    ReplyDelete