Friday at my internship definitely started out better. So far I've enjoyed every minute of it and the people that I work with. My trainer from Monday wasn't there, so I trained with a lady named Luz. She was very helpful. She taught me what all the abbreviations meant when it came to what treatment methods the patient was getting. Half of my time was spent with patients in the back and the other half was spent at the front desk going over the same things that I went over on Wednesday. It helped that it was slow on Friday; I learned more at the front desk that way than how busy we were on Wednesday.
I had to rush to CrossFit which I was 30min late for so I had to rush through my workout, well kinda. But on the way there mom told me she up and left to go see her boyfriend in FL when we had plans this weekend. So I was very frustrated with that because I feel like I always get ditched for her to spend time with him. So I tried to use my CrossFit workout as some frustration relief but that didn't help since I wasn't doing the movements properly and was doing a Jerk instead of a Push Press. I got really frustrated at the point and after I finished to workout completely broke down into tears. On top of that I was late for my shift even though I was at work because I had to eat and then had to take care of a girl who had an asthma attack. I did get extra hours Friday because of the swim meet so that is an added bonus.
Saturday was a 10am workout that felt pretty good. After that a trip to Lululemon for a pair of pants I've been wanted and spent too much because I added a shirt to that purchase. Now granted I get 15% off because I'm a trainer at a facility, but still that place gets expensive quick. I was suppose to go get my bridesmaid dress for my brother's wedding too but I got tired of driving around and just decided to stay home. So that means a trip out there next weekend. The rest of the day revolved around homework, even though I could have had plans.
Today is all homework and football! I'm so ready for SuperBowl and all the fun it will be no matter who I am with! I watched the movie Courageous last night(a Christian movie) and leanred what it means for a man to be a true father, and how a child's life without a father really effects someone. Which I can relate to. It also taught me that the right man for me if he loves the Lord can love me properly like a man should truely love a woman. It definitely enhances my passion for the Lord.
Overall it wasn't exactly the weekend I had planned but I really can't complain because nothing horrible happened. Yes, my feelings were heart and they still are but it's just something to work on. I am very blessed to have that life that I do.
No comments:
Post a Comment