1) Hunter returned home a week before vacation and we are still trying to figure things out.
2) I got my brace off the day before my and I left for vacation!
3) I competed in my first triathlon since being injured, only did the swim part though!
Stumpy Creek Triathlon
I hadn't swim in about a week and a half before the big race day, so Monday after coming back from vacation I swam a straight 1500. The first 500 had the feeling that I was going to puck, but after that I settled into a relaxing but decent pace and stuck with it. I swam a couple extra laps because when I get to swimming distance, even 500, my mind tends to wander and think about other things. I was happy when I got done because I felt like I was going to be perfectly fine for race day. Only I figured out the day before the race that I had swam 1500yd and not 1500m!
Race day came and Beacham was going to do the bike and Nicole the run. I have awesome co-workers. We were in the last wave of the swim since we were a relay, I didn't need to take on that whole thing by myself from lack of training. I started out in front during the swim and my sighting was going really well. I kept thinking the the cylinder buoys were the triangle turn around buoys. Before I got to the turn around I got kicked in the left kick which made me realize how tight my goggles were. The water was 86 degrees and got hotter every minute I was out there, and after getting kicked in the eye my goggles seemed to feel tighter than before.
After the last turn buoy I started to slow down my pace which I shouldn't have done. After getting out of the water I took off to the transition to hand off the chip to Michael and off he went on the bike. We were sixth coming out of the water, and Michael brought us into 1st from the bike and Nicole kept us in first from the run. We beat the second place team by 14 minutes!
Taking a Leap of Faith
So Hunter and I have been talking ever since he left to go back to Texas and have talked about me coming down to see him. We had planned on me coming down this coming weekend(Aug 16-19) but he starts tech school of Thursday so it's a good thing that I didn't book a plane ticket. We have had our ups and downs since about week 3, the first two weeks we still amazing even though he was gone. Week 3 he was really sick and I only heard from him twice that week and it still seems to dwindle from there. He says his feelings haven't changed for me though and things are going to be hard since he got his reclass orders, Security forces.
He is super excited about it, I can tell. And says we'll still have to see how things work out with us. He's caught between a rock and a hard place because of where his heart is and what is right in his head to do with our situation since he could possibly get deployed in January with the Unit he wants to volunteer for. I just wish he knew that we could make this work no matter how hard things seem to get, deployed or not.
Anyway, this leap of faith...
His birthday is coming up in September(11th) and I wanted to do something for him. Unfortunately his present was going to be determined by what he decided with us. My leap of faith comes in because I don't think I've wanted to be there for someone so much in my life through the good times and the hard times, especially with him in the military. I wanted him to know how much I cared about him and I still want to see him because I feel that if we could see each other again he would realize maybe that this thing between us could work. I have never done anything like this before, let alone been willing to travel to visit any guy that I have liked. So without Hunter's knowledge I have purchased a plane ticket and have gotten a place to stay through my mom's timeshare down in San Antonio the weekend after his birthday to surprise him. I figured it would be a neat birthday present if things with us are still okay. If he decides to not pursue things with us I am going to use my trip to San Antonio as a vacation for me. Yes, my thoughts might be focused on him while I'm there but hopefully it will give me time to focus on me and what I've got going on!
I just hope that when he finds out he is really excited to see me. I still don't have any idea of when I'm going to tell him I'm coming down there! I hope this turns out to be a good thing with us!
No comments:
Post a Comment