Monday, August 13, 2012

Joy and Blessings

I was able to sleep in this morning which is a rare occasion.  I did wake up early to put a letter in  the mail, just to make sure that the mailman got it today and that it wasn't late.  Then back to bed I went for another hour and a half.  My first priority was to do my daily reading for my Year of the Bible.  I have days where I wake up with this amazing joy in my heart for no apparent reason other than the fact that I know that God is a strong part of my life and only he can make me feel this way.  I love waking up with this feeling.  So I did my daily reading about the rise and fall of kingdoms and God's wrath on the lands that follow other gods besides him.  It is hard to believe how many lands that God created that didn't follow him and followed other gods and quite frankly it's sad.  
One of the verses stated that if the people of the land would just follow God and worship him whole heartily the lands would prosper and not come to ruin.  And this reminded me of our country, with how much ruin we see whether economically, wars, the death of people or any other things that doesn't allow us to have good fortune through God.  


"This is the word that came to Jeremiah from the Lord: 2 “Go down to the potter’s house, and there I will give you my message.” 3 So I went down to the potter’s house, and I saw him working at the wheel. 4 But the pot he was shaping from the clay was marred in his hands; so the potter formed it into another pot, shaping it as seemed best to him.
5 Then the word of the Lord came to me. 6 He said, “Can I not do with you, Israel, as this potter does?” declares the Lord. “Like clay in the hand of the potter, so are you in my hand, Israel. 7 If at any time I announce that a nation or kingdom is to be uprooted, torn down and destroyed, 8 and if that nation I warned repents of its evil, then I will relent and not inflict on it the disaster I had planned. 9 And if at another time I announce that a nation or kingdom is to be built up and planted,10 and if it does evil in my sight and does not obey me, then I will reconsider the good I had intended to do for it."
Jeremiah 18:1-10


Another verse that stood out was, of course, Jeremiah 29:11.  I recognized this verse first by reading it and not by the book of the Bible I was in.  This verse became very popular after the movie Soul Surfer was released. What really got me was how much people focused a lot on just that one verse and not all the added verses behind it that go with it...  

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back from captivity.[b] I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile.”

This verse lets us know that our "cativity" is where we are limited to the things that we can do and our happiness because our lack of reliance on God.  We so often only turn to God when we are struggling and not when good things happen to us.  We our limited in our happiness and the amazing we are given because we turn away from God.  

So the rest of the morning, before I went into work, I payed some of my medical bills.  And although this makes me worried about my finances I know that if I just rely on God he will provide me with everything I need.  I also am started to have some confidence in myself to start gathering things to move out, especially since there are sales going on for back to school for college students.  
I had my former massage therapist contact me a couple days ago about becoming a CrossFit affiliate and he wanted to talk to me.  I told him I would call him today.  I was kind of excited because I thought I knew what was going to happen.  He had seen my current facebook profile picture and asked me what I had been doing because he could tell I had been working out and gaining some muscle.  I told him it was all because of CrossFit, something I have found a passion for.  And that I haven't been training for any competitions, another one of his questions. He told me about his interest in starting a CrossFit gym and asked me if I was currently teaching at a gym.  Then he proceeded to ask if I was interested in getting my CrossFit Level 1 Trainer certification, which I already had.  He is looking to put a team together to start his own CrossFit box.  I'm wondering right now if this is the right move for me. 
I have this amazing desire to want to start coaching CrossFit, but I think right now everything is just nerves because I haven't coached since I got my certification and I want to be a good coach.  I think this could possibly be part of the next step in my life.  I just want what God knows is best for me.  I pray every day that God will let my passion for him show through in my passion for fitness whether in CrossFit, running, swimming, or triathlons.  I have always said that my ultimate goal is to own my own personal training and massage therapy business.  Right now I'm thinking that my personal training business is going to turn into a CrossFit box.  I love the way CrossFit makes me feel on the inside and out.  I already have a name picked out for my future box and hope that it isn't taken by the time I start this dream...Grace CrossFit.  
I would love for this to be God's plan in my life.  Another one of my dreams is for my life has come from my neighbor Ron.  He mentioned to me about Hickory Grove Baptist starting a strength and conditioning class/program and he wanted my help with the curriculum.  I asked if I would be able to come in and help out, and he said yes.  I would love to put my passion for lifting/strength and conditioning into the church.  My own way of combining my passions for serve the Lord, which I hope that one day will happen.

I love the days that I feel like the God is really working in my life, and I hope that the dreams I have for myself are the dreams he has for me as well and I wouldn't mind it if it's on a bigger scale as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment