For the past couple weeks now I have started to get back into CrossFit. And of course I have some fears about squats while recovering from my knee injury. I have stayed away from South Charlotte CrossFit while out on injury and for other reasons(a guy - to clear my head of a situation I was upset about), and for an uneasy relationship with one of the trainers that started to feel like it was always on the rocks. I have yet to go back to that gym because I don't want relationships to get worse there only better. I have felt like the tension over there is completely on edge with me and this trainer that I have actually looked at the possibility of finding a new box to workout at. The only issue at this other box is that I would have to pay a higher monthly rate that I would at SCCF. As of right now it looks like I might stick it out for another month or so outside of the gym and go back in October.
On the other side of things I have been wanting to start coaching as a CF gym as well, which would result in the ability to do CrossFit WODs for free! The past couple weeks I have had this urge to coach CF and I really which that more women were into it. All the equipment is upstairs so it's hard to show women how strong they can be and still look beautiful. I love having noticeable muscle in my body especially my arms and legs. But I really want to coach because I want to progress in the CrossFit community. I would love to eventually be able to be one of the trainers at the CrossFit certification courses and get my CF endrance, gymnastics and other CF certifications.
Right now I am trying to come up with a plan to start a CF program at Charlotte Athletic Club. I hope and pray that it works out for the best and that it happens, so we can turn upstairs into a mini CrossFit box. And hopefully this will give me the foundation to eventually start my own CrossFit business!
Training
The past week I am having a hard time coping with the fact that every complimentary training session I complete I can't seem to turn into a PT package. I get a little discouraged because I feel like some of the new trainers are having better luck with getting clients that I am. I know it is a learning experience to figure out how to sell myself, it's just figuring out how to do that seems to be my issue. I've been told to make the client want me and to sale myself, but I'm not exactly sure how to do that. I've given clients good information I feel that would make me stand out so that they will want me to be their trainer. It made me start to think what if I'm not cut out to be a personal trainer even though it's something I love, or maybe just not the typical gym personal trainer! The Lord has things planned for me that I can not even imagine. I just have to keep this in mind and just hope that it is what I have planned in my head. Feeling like I can't get clients does suck though, and makes me worry about being able to keep my job.
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." - Matthew 6:34
Friends
So an event happened that has me really worried about a friend. Not being able to get a hold of her was really scary and I still don't know what is going on with her. I know I would feel better if I did, but I have to respect her wishes for space.
| Aqua jogging with my favorite ladies Me, Megan, Anna, and Sarah |
The relationship with the trainer at the box I have offered to have lunch and sit down and talk. We used to be good friends, but since starting to workout with her things have seemed to slowly diminish. I have asked to sit down and talk with her about the whole thing and try to fix the friendship, but I feel almost like she doesn't really care because she has a very lazy, laid back, careless sort of attitude.
Life Dreams
I have slowly started to realize my growing passion for CrossFit. I get asked every once in a while about going to the Games. I have never thought that I would be able to make it to compete in the games, but that I would no matter what go watch them next year. I feel like me making it to the games would require a lot of training and take me away from all the other training that I love - running, swimming, etc. The past couple weeks I have realized that I am not very good at selling myself to get clients for personal training, and that I have had my CrossFit Level 1 Trainer certification for almost 2 years now and haven't used it as far as coaching as been concerned, which gives me a lack of confidence on teaching the movements. Practice makes perfect! So with that said I started to realize that I would love to own my own CrossFit box and really have the urge to start collect equipment at my house for a mini home box. I have already decided on a name for my CrossFit box and pray that it isn't taken by the time I get around to opening my own. I want to combine my passion for CrossFit with my passion for Christ. So as of right now my big career dream is to open my own CrossFit affiliation box and be successful at that and sharing the Lord through it. Along with putting my massage therapy skills to work there. The Games right now are not a picture in my mind, but maybe I will find that passion to train for them. I just don't think at this point I would be able to go to the games if I trained for the next year and get close enough to win. I am wanting to go to the bank hopefully this week to talk to someone about what all I need to work toward opening my own business.
"...he who trusts in the LORD will prosper" - Proverbs 28:25
![]() |
| A view I would love to wake up to every morning! Just walk out of my house and this would be it. |
Recently since I haven't been having any luck with turning complimentary sessions into any further PT session it made me wonder if I'm really cut out as a personal trainer for my career. It is something that I love so much and really have to passion for. Last semester my neighbor mentioned to me that he was looking and Hickory Grove Baptist Christian School were looking at possibly putting in a strength and conditioning program at the school. My neighbor was going to be the teacher and he asked if the plans went through if I would write the curriculum for the class, and he offered to pay me. I later asked if I could come and help teach and he said yes. I think at this point in my life with training that would have been the highlight of my whole year. Since I want to share my passion of God through my love for fitness this would be a great place to start, even though I would really love to reach people outside of the Christian community. But the lack of progress in my career goals does really worry if I'm cut out for the job that I love.bible verse on worries
"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see" - Hebrews 11:1
"...Have faith in the Lord you God and you will be upheld; have faith in his prophets and you will be successful." - 2 Chronicles 20:20



No comments:
Post a Comment