| Original flight tickets CLT to Memphis -> Memphis to San Antonio |
I started to check in and got my bag checked for the plan and my problems only started there. The check in kiosk I was using wouldn't print out my boarding passes even though I went through it 3 times. Finally had my boarding passes and went through security, which was quick and easy thank the Lord. I found my terminal and hung out there. I had booked my tickets through Orbitz and they would email me to let me know that my flight was on-time or late.
| My tickets after being changed CLT to ATL -> ATL to San Antonio |
I love flying. I think mostly for the take off. I had window seats on both flights going in, and looking out the window right before taking off for Atlanta a lot of emotions hit me - hope, joy/happiness, excitement, nervousness - the list goes on and on. I knew that there was a chance of seeing guys in the military since Lackland Air Force base was close by. Sure enough on my flight into San Antonio there was one guy I noticed getting on my flight that was in the Army. He ended up being seated in the same row as me on the flight. I asked him where he was headed, Camp Bullis was his reply. It is about and hour away from Lackland AFB. I wished him luck when we landed and went to get my bags. After getting my bags I went to Airport Shuttle to get a ride to my resort, way cheaper than taking a cab.
Below is the info for Airport Shuttle if you're ever in San Antonio and need a ride to your place from the airport($19.25 one way trip)
Airport Shuttle: (210)281-9900
There are two resorts through Wyndham (our timeshare) in San Antonio. Wyndham Riverside Suites which is right in the busy part of the Riverwalk, and Wyndham La Cascada which is on the Riverwalk but not in the busy section. My place(Wyndham La Cascada) was gorgeous as always. It had a Texas feel to it, in my opinion. When I first got there my agenda was to unpack and then get food for dinner since I had only packed snacks for the plane. Hippo Grocery & Deli was right around the corner but ran a little high price wise, I grab some essentials, ate a little dinner and then headed into downtown to a Walgreens so see if I could find some more stuff that would be better for dinner. After eating I decided to walk down to Riverwalk, since it can practically take you anyway where you want to go. I got to the main drag of the restaurants but didn't walk all the way through. On the other side furthest from me were more restaurants and clubs. I didn't go out the first night because even being and hour behind my normal time zone can take a toll on you. So I spent the night relaxing by watching some tv and reading.
| Living room |
| View from the balcony |
| Kitchen and dining area |
No comments:
Post a Comment