I started getting more into my major courses after only being about 2 years behind on everything. I had finally realized my love for working out! I had set my hopes on opening my own personal training business. How I finally came to get into my major is a short but funny story. I was applying for UNC Charlotte and had to pick something, and honestly enough my mom said I might as well go with Kinesiology/Exercise Science as much as I workout. Sure enough I feel in love with it as my major and found everything I learned fascinating, but there was still my love for dance. I knew I couldn't make a career out of it so I made it my minor. My major took away most of my time for my minor since if I missed or failed one class after getting into the upper level of my major I was going to have to wait a whole year to repeat the course.
So long story short....
I finally applied for graduation last Wednesday(Sept. 12, 2012). At the start of the semester everything was so surreal and I couldn't believe that this was my last semester and I would officially graduate. I had thought that I would feel that feeling again and have so much excitement inside of me and the feeling that this whole thing wasn't real...but I didn't. The feeling that came over me was more relief than anything. I had spend 3 weeks trying to get ahold of my minor adviser and undergraduate minor coordinator ( I think) to make sure that all my classes were approved for me to graduate since some of the classes course numbers had changed since then. The paperwork was finally sent in but I still couldn't get ahold of the one person to get the okay to register and that the paperwork was at the registrars office. She finally emailed me back and said to go ahead and that there shouldn't be a problem!
So registered to graduate that the end of the semester I am, even though the school records have me down for May 2014.
Graduation Date: December 15, 2012!!!
The night I registered for graduation was also the night before my big trip to San Antonio. One, because it was my first big trip by myself airplane and all; and two the main reason why I was going which I will not mention. Having an idea of what I wanted to happen on my trip was making me completely nervous, but what I had a feeling would happen was what put me as a typical tourist on this trip. I had most of my stuff packed already from earlier in the week. I just needed to make sure that most of my workout clothes were packed since it's what I wear most of the time anyway. The only things left of pack were the stuff I typically need the morning of a trip (shower stuff, etc.)
I really wanted this trip to go as I had planned. Every girl can hope right?
No comments:
Post a Comment