The day was going to be busy, non stop until leaving time. I had to teach spin that morning and took care of two clients. After that I had to go to school for modern and then headed home to very quickly pack up the car with food so that it didn't have to be in my car all day and the ice melt. I had about 10 minutes to pack up all my food that I needed for the trip and head back up to the club to take care of two more clients. I had a break in between the two but I still stayed busy. After that I met Christo at the Starbucks. The plan was to leave at 3:30pm, but we didn't end up leaving until 4pm. We were set to hit Orlando at around 12am. I had my food packed (dinner) so we wouldn't have to stop and Christo had snacks to eat. We only had to stop 3 times; once for the bathroom, once to get food out of the back of the car and one last time for a bathroom break and gas fill up, which was way cheaper a couple miles down the road. I drove the whole time except for the last hour. I normally would never let someone drive my car, but I felt like I was about to fall asleep since I had been up and moving since 4am. I pulled over on an exit and let Christo drive the rest of the way. His excited to look at everything and playing on his phone really bothered me. We finally arrived and Cass came to help us get everything into her apartment. I stayed up for about an extra 30 minutes and then had to hit the bed; I was exhausted!
| Yes that's the real name of a road in Georgia! |
| Cheapest gas ever |
Friday, September 28
CrossFit MouseTrap and Downtown Disney
I finally woke up that day at 9:30am. It felt so good to sleep in and know that I can even when my body is used to waking up really early every morning. I got up and ate breakfast out of habit even though it was really late and then had been dying to go do CrossFit since I didn't really get to workout on Thursday and had am just getting back into it since being injured. There was a place right up the road from Cass' place called CrossFit MouseTrap. I debated over going. I finally decided to go and Cass and Christo went over to Target to pick up some things before we headed into Downtown Disney.
The warm up was a 400m run, walk outs, monster walks(walking high kicks), and 10 air squats.
WOD
12x2 dL @ 75% 1RM with band for extra resistance
then
13min cap
500m row
AMRAP
8 dL Hp #65
8 ring dips
I got to be the guinea pig for the strength part of the WOD, 12x2 dL because he had to show what the band was for. We had to go in 3 groups since he only had 3 rowers, they were a brand new box. I went in the second group with all the girls. I had my row done before them and started on the dL Hp and ring dips. It's nice knowing that I was the only girl that could Rx ring dips.
I almost felt like I was showing off.
I had gotten to 6 rounds plus 7 ring dips. I almost had the 7th round completed and started hustling that last couple seconds just to try and get 7 rounds in. I always like to try and keep up with the guys. I think I did pretty well. After they WOD they started talking about rope climbs and one of the guys talked about rope climbs with having your legs straddled. The coach was confused and know one could do it so I demonstrated and just had to go all the way up. The highlight of that rope climb was coach asking me in the process of my rope climb
Coach: "Do you have a boyfriend?"
Me: "No."
Coach: "Do you want one?"
Me: laugh
I finally left a little after and went back to the house to take a shower and Cass and Christo were waiting on me so that we could go to lunch. We headed to Downtown Disney and went to Fulton's Crab House where Cass worked/s.
And then we headed over to the Vinylmation for Christo to get something and Cass got something for her boyfriend and then off the The Candy Cauldrine for some sweets for the movie. We went to see Finding Nemo 3D. After the movie we walked around for a little while going into the Lego store, and then the Disney pin store which Christo was like a kid in a candy store in. When he first went in there me and Cass went into a clothing shop in Disney for some girl fun. We later headed home. We were out until about 12am again. We stayed so busy that day it didn't even feel like it was that late.
Saturday, September 29
Discounted Goodies, Lulu, and Race Time
We got up around the same time the next morning and went over to ESPN Wide World of Sports to pick up our packets for the race. There was also a fitness expo there, and believe it or not I had never been to one! Our bibs were really neat because they had your name on them if you registered early enough and we could walk over top of a pad to make sure our chips worked. I was like a kid in a candy store at the expo. I found a half zip Nike pull over for half off and a cute pair of Nike workout shorts for half off too. We walked around a looked at shoes, which Christ bought some. I found a pair of shoes that I really liked to colors of but decided not to get them because of the price.
| Fitness Expo = discounted goodies = my heaven! |
After the expo we headed back over to downtown Disney for lunch at an Irish "themed" restaurant called Raglan Road. We had soda bread and olive oil and genuis reduction...amazing. I ordered a chicken and prosciutto sandwich with a side salad. I ate all the salad and half the sandwich to save the rest for dinner before the race. Cass got a sandwich with lobster and fries that had chives and cheese on them, and Christo got risotto with chicken, mushrooms and sweet and sour carrots what were the best carrots he has ever had.
| Soda bread w/ olive oil and genuis reduction = yummy |
| My lunch - side salad and chicken prosciutto sandwich |
After lunch we headed over to Lululemon, because I officially have an addiction. Britney told me that all their stuff is already discounted and you still get the trainers discount on top of that, how could I resist? So while me and Cass went to lulu Christo stayed in the car and took a nap. We headed back to Cass' after a stop at Walgreens and turned on Hercules, but that didn't last long as we both were exhausted so we slept for 1.5 hours. We got up and started getting ready for the race. Cass and I packed our bags for stuff to have after the race and got dressed in our shorts and sports bras and Christo stole the bathroom to dress up in his costume.
| Two lovely ladies ready for the race! |
| Surprise costume finally revealed! |
We headed off to ESPN Wide World of Sports to park and got on the bus and took it over to Hollywood Studios where the start of the race was. We dropped off our bags are the baggage claim, potty breaks and hung out and listened to the music they had going. It was a pre-race party since we had to be there 2 hours early. We started heading to our corrals at about 8:30pm. When were put into different corrals based on our 10k time/pace. I was in A (10pm start time), Cass was in B (10:05pm start time), and Christo was in C (10:10pm start time). So we hung out in out corrals for a good 45 minutes. I used the time to pray because I hadn't done it in who knows how longs, which is horrible on my part.
At 9:30ish they let corral A start walking toward the start line. I stopped for a bathroom break just in case because I didn't want to have to go while on the course, and then got back in line. Two wheel chair waves went off before I did. At the start of every heat they shot off fireworks. Each mile had a villain theme from on of the Disney movies (Peter Pan, Princess and the Frog, The Lion King, Alice in Wonderland). We ran mostly on the road outside of the parks, but we did run through ESPN Wide World of Sports (between the practice fields, around the track, and around one of the insides of a baseball field) and then through the back of Hollywood Studios - going behind the scenes. We ran through Pixar and past the sorcerer's hat and ended up right on the back of the the Hollywood Tower of Terror.
I finished the race in 1:34:53
After the race we picked up our bags and got comfortable and rode the rides and took pictures with what villains we could find. Cass and I got the backs of our medals engraved with our names and official chip times, but while we were waiting on that (suppose to take 15-20min) we rode the Aerosmith Rock n RollerCoaster too! We also rode the Pixar Toy Story ride, and they got ice cream. It's good having Cass because she grew up at Disney so she can tell you all the behind the scenes details. I just can't believe we were wide awake after running 10 miles to stay in the park until 4am! But once we started walking toward the buses to get back to the car we were exhausted and ready to go to bed once we got back to Cass' place!
| Aerosmith Rock N RollerCoaster |
We got back to Cass' at 5am and had to take showers so bed at 5:30. We slept until 10am and then got up and got ready to spend the take at Epcot for the Food & Wine Festival.
There were 30 countries set up to try different foods/beverages from each one. There are 10 that are permanently there(Mexico being one). We went first to get fast passes to a ride called Soarin which is a hang gliding simulator. We went to the Nemo section and watched Turtle Talk with Crush (really neat to go see even as an adult), and saw the dolphins. We also did a astronaut rocket launch mission, which was really neat! You get to experience g-forces, it took my stomach away when we first started.
| Our passports, which you got stamped at every country! |
![]() |
| Poland, Lady and the Tramp style |
But most of our time was spent in the Food & Wine Festival. We had to put money on a small gift card to get food, but we all would choose one or two things and share it all. We got to most of the countries. We had to go to the expo center first to get our passport books and it told us what countries were there and what each country had for food and drinks.
We had to stop in Mexico and get an Avocado margarita that Cass had been raving about. I didn't get my own, but Cass shared with me. (I typically don't drink and don't drink on Sunday for religious reasons. So that day was huge exception!) Would definitely have been worth getting my own though! Because we shared all the food at Epcot we never felt full and literally ate all day so no need for dinner. Christo was set on trying escargo in France and his excitement compared to his reaction was priceless; probably one of the funniest things I have seen in a while and would give anything to have it on video! Some of the Disney characters were out - Belle, Sleeping Beauty. So next time I have to get a picture with all the ones that I see. I tried so many different kinds of food from Germany, Poland, Greece, Canada, Australia, Belgium, and so many more!
We headed back down to downtown Disney after resting for a little bit back at Cass' place because I wanted some Ghiradelli ice cream and Christo went back to the pin shop. I had never seen a Ghiradelli ice cream shop until I had been to Disney and they fact that they had ice cream (my weakness) was amazing. And my other weakness...peanut butter. So ice cream with peanut butter, hot fudge, ?caramel?, whipped cream, and a cherry on top it was. The cherry got removed.
Monday, October 1
Christ and I started our 8 hour journey back home at 9:30am. We stopped for gas and I dropped him off and then headed off to work at the pool at 7pm. My clothes are still laying on the floor ready to be put away!
Cool bridges and South Carolina line only meant we were a couple hours away!
| Avocado margarita! |
We headed back down to downtown Disney after resting for a little bit back at Cass' place because I wanted some Ghiradelli ice cream and Christo went back to the pin shop. I had never seen a Ghiradelli ice cream shop until I had been to Disney and they fact that they had ice cream (my weakness) was amazing. And my other weakness...peanut butter. So ice cream with peanut butter, hot fudge, ?caramel?, whipped cream, and a cherry on top it was. The cherry got removed.
Monday, October 1
Christ and I started our 8 hour journey back home at 9:30am. We stopped for gas and I dropped him off and then headed off to work at the pool at 7pm. My clothes are still laying on the floor ready to be put away!
Cool bridges and South Carolina line only meant we were a couple hours away!


No comments:
Post a Comment