I had a bad relationship my senior year and when that ended, yes I thought about joining the Marines, but it would have been for all the wrong reasons. It would have been to escape my ex so I wouldn't have to deal with what had happened and what was still happening at the time. That feeling finally passed though. I never wanted to and still don't ever want to join the military for the wrong reasons.
I have always been a die hard supporter of the U.S. Marines and the U.S. Navy, to me the Air Force and Army were never even a picture in my head for exsistance. I would have joined that Marines because to me they were they toughest branch off all in the military. They were always the first ones in, and from reading books they were the first snipers and the Navy just modified it to fit what they needed. My mom used to tell me I would make a good drill sergeant.
I finally realized that joining the Marines wasn't what I wanted to do especially for 4 years of my life and I didn't want to regret that decision. I went on with my plan to go to college an d 6 years later I am currently finishing my minor in dance and have completed my bachelor's in Exercise Science.
A couple months ago the military moved into my life again, only this time in the form of guy that I cared about and liked. I decided to try and surprise him for his birthday, but that plan didn't work out. During those couple months I was told that a guy in the military would be good for me. Yes, they explained they're reasoning (my mom and sister-in-law) but I can't remember what they said. Like I previously mentioned my mom always thought that I would be good at the military, more specifically a drill sergeant. Yes, I will admit I tend to have that kind of personality that is let's get this done now, push harder, and that tends to have a strong leader role.
So I want to say within the span of just a month and a half I've been told about 5-6 times that I should join the military. This past month, I will not lie, has been pretty difficult on me for many reasons that I will not mention. But got me to thinking about joining the military again. Whether I joined the military or not I will always be a die-hard fan of them. I love camo and I mean real camo. So yes another urge to join the military, but again for the wrong reasons. I think it is one of the things that has always been in the back of my mind, but buried way back there and only brought out when I'm going through difficult situations. So once again I would be joining for the wrong reasons and regret it after I had joined and that's not something I want to do.
Maybe after I'm done with massage therapy school I will reconsider it if the passion is still there.
So right now since I have this passion for the military and have thought about joining a couple times I called a recruiter that I met from working at the pool, Officer Pennock (SSgt). He works for the Air Force and just recently relocated to San Antonio. I talked to him earlier last week about getting involved with them and helping the guys that come in to train for special forces with their swimming. Some of the guys that come in are horrible swimmers and can barely make it across the pool. So I contacted him and we talked about school, trips (the fact that I was in San Antonio and he could have showed me around), and that he would contact his guy that is out here doing testing for the Air Force now and have him get in contact with me.
So right now my ultimate hope is to besides the CrossFit dream, which is still there, is to somehow get involved with the military without currently joining. And maybe it will result in the move that I want without exactly having a pick up and completely start all over feel.
SSgt Pennock told me that he would be home at the end of the month if I didn't hear from the other officer so we could get together and talked to one of his officers higher up about helping out in some way.
Keeping my fingers crossed. So maybe it is a military life for me.



No comments:
Post a Comment